ANAHEIM, Calif. (Jan. 16, 2019) – Visit Anaheim today launched a seven-episode culinary video series, designating the destination’s epicurean offerings as a key influencer in inspiring travel to Anaheim. Each of the seven videos spotlight a distinctive aspect of Anaheim’s culinary make-up from cultural enclaves and haunts to fine dining and an epic hotel room-service delivery. To bring Anaheim’s culinary offerings to life, Visit Anaheim is again collaborating with expert content publishers FOODBEAST to feed fans’ insatiable appetite for food content.
Results from previous campaigns with FOODBEAST have shown that culinary content has the power to drive travel intent to Anaheim and change perceptions of the destination. According to the World Food Travel Association’s 2016 Food Travel Monitor report, 83 percent of respondents believe that food and beverage experiences help create a lasting impression of a destination and 81 percent believe eating and drinking help in understanding the local culture. Visit Anaheim’s culinary content campaigns dovetail on this cultural zeitgeist, capturing the viewer’s attention with food to inspire travel via their screens.
“Development and distribution of culinary video content sees no signs of slowing down,” says Charles Harris, senior vice president of marketing, Visit Anaheim. “Chefs from traditional to experimental are unleashing a new wave of flavors across Anaheim. Debuting a fresh set of consumable culinary content allows us to showcase those uncommon, cutting-edge cuisine experiences for the diehard nomadic foodies looking for the next culinary destination to visit.”
The culinary series, debuting today, is comprised of seven videos within four of FOODBEAST’S most popular digital shows. First up is a celebration of Anaheim’s Hispanic culture, Azules Coffee and its giant concha ice cream cake sandwich.
The remainder of the series will be released once a week until March 1, 2019. Additional information on the full Visit Anaheim x FOODBEAST content series line-up:
- News Videos: Three videos spotlight newsworthy items, in addition to the giant concha ice cream cake sandwich at Azules Coffee, the cheesy Mexican pizza at Mr. Taco Nice and crepe fettucine covered in toppings at Choco Fruit will be showcased. These are the next “it” dishes for foodies to Instagram. Scheduled on Jan. 16, Jan. 24 and Jan. 31, respectively.
- Between 2 Meals: An Anaheim activity sandwiched between two meals awaits as the host takes viewers to Old Crow Smokehouse, then to an Anaheim Ducks game and last to check out the newest menu items at the Honda Center. Scheduled on Feb. 7.
- Taste the Details: This video tells the story of Chef Bruno Serato and the Anaheim White House, taking viewers behind-the-scenes at the famed restaurant while featuring some of the most popular items on the menu. Scheduled on Feb. 15.
- Chomping Grounds: Hosted by Elie Ayrouth, this video highlights cultural mecca Little Arabia, a neighborhood full of the region’s most authentic Middle Eastern dishes. Scheduled on Feb. 21.
- Going In: The FOODBEAST team orders one of everything off the menu at the Pizza Press located at The Anaheim Hotel. A hotel package will debut that features a FOODBEAST branded room service experience and hotel stay. Scheduled on March 1.
“What we love about California is exemplified to the highest degree in Anaheim: multiculturalism -- from Little Arabia to taco shops, and major attractions -- from professional sports teams, amazing accommodations and fine dining,” says Geoff Kutnick, CEO, FOODBEAST. “Our upcoming video series, set to stream on Roku, Facebook, Instagram and beyond, will continue to showcase the breadth of Foodbeast's favorite experiences.”
The series is streaming now, quench your curiosity about Anaheim’s food scene by visiting: https://visitanaheim.org/blog/azules-coffee-desserts
About Visit Anaheim: Founded in 1961, Visit Anaheim is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit destination marketing organization. Visit Anaheim’s mission is to develop, promote, market and sell the destination as a premier visitor destination benefiting the economic vitality of the local community. To learn more about Visit Anaheim, visit: www.visitanaheim.org and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.