VISIT ANAHEIM REVEALS NEW CAST OF UNCOMMON CHARACTERS
Destination Organization Introduces New Characters Showcasing the Destination in the Second Iteration of the Popular Uncommon Character Brand Campaign
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Aug. 12, 2019) – Visit Anaheim has unveiled eight new characters to add to its thoroughly uncommon brand campaign, Uncommon Character. Launched in 2018, the Uncommon Character campaign was created to illustrate the destination’s new infectious energy and innovative characters that are ushering in massive change to the city’s landscape. The campaign peals back the curtain and reveals unexpected hot spots, trendy culinary and craft beer experiences and revamped neighborhood spaces, inviting visitors to experience a whole new side of Anaheim.
“Visit Anaheim’s Uncommon Character campaign celebrates our local uncommon characters that create the unique experiences our 24 million visitors encounter when they visit Anaheim,” said Charles Harris, senior vice president of marketing, Visit Anaheim. “Characters are in Anaheim’s DNA and this campaign gives us the ability to show our makeup and why coming to Anaheim will truly transform you.”
Created by San Diego-based advertising agency, Greenhaus, the Uncommon Character campaign draws inspiration from Anaheim’s rich story-telling heritage and larger than life cast of characters rooted in the city’s DNA. To paint the picture of what is uncommon to Anaheim, Visit Anaheim worked with local tastemakers and disruptors to craft a cast of uncommon characters. The newest eight characters join the original seven characters launched in 2018 and include outdoor and theme park enthusiasts, shopping experts and pink knights in shining armor (details on each character below).
Targeting both leisure and meeting/convention guests coming to Anaheim, the newest set of characters emulate the new sights, sounds, flavors and vibes that are spreading across the destination. As Anaheim continues to grow, develop and add character to its city infrastructure with new luxury hotels, innovative businesses and theme park developments, visitors can look forward to meeting new characters over the next few years that will represent these new experiences.
2019 Cast of Uncommon Characters:
- The Meeting Mastermind: POWER TO THE PLANNERS. Dozens of convenient hotels and unique locales make Anaheim your secret weapon in wooing a crowd. Your next meeting will be unforgettable with over 2,700 culinary and entertainment hubs at your fingertips.
- La Senorita de Center City: MEET YOUR CENTER CITY SHERPA. Whether you’re looking to introduce your palate to a new palette, expand your mind at the Muzeo, or bask in the energy of the Packing House, FRAN will be your guide.
- Titan of Trails: WHIP IT GOOD. Time to take those mad skills for a spin. From twisting trails of preserved parks to the golden gnar crashing along the SoCal coastline, natural wonder is yours for the shredding.
- The Pink Knight: WHO SHALL RULE THE KINGDOM OF FAMILY FUN? Whether you fancy feasting among jousting knights or chasing thrills at historic theme parks, Anaheim has you covered—royally.
- The Hangtimers: WERE YOU BORN TO RIDE? Then Anaheim is ready to roll. From mellow movers and shakers to the ultimate rush of over-the-top coasters, we’ve got more world-class ways to get your fill of thrills.
- The Retail Therapist: LET’S TALK SHOP. Want to give your wardrobe some professional TLC? From high-end shopping destinations with iconic brands, to local boutiques off the beaten path, Anaheim’s got you covered. From head to toe.
- Duchess of Ducks: JOIN THE FLOCK. Lace your skates, grab your jersey, and get frosty. From the rinks of Anaheim Ice to the Duck’s arena - Honda Center, this is a place chill vibes rule.
- The New Sheriff: HOWDY PARTNER! Anaheim welcomes you to the best of the West. Whether your posse is looking for a historic ghost town or a cutting-edge taste of the coast, you’re in charge in these parts.
To illustrate the destination's new infectious energy and innovative characters changing the city's dynamics, Visit Anaheim has introduced a total of 15 characters since the campaign’s introduction in 2018. For more information on the Uncommon Character campaign, please visit https://visitanaheim.org/ucc.
About Visit Anaheim: Founded in 1961, Visit Anaheim is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit destination marketing organization. Visit Anaheim’s mission is to develop, market and sell Anaheim to benefit the economic vitality of its neighborhoods. To learn more about Visit Anaheim, visit: www.visitanaheim.org and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.