Visit Anaheim’s Superhero Getaway Sweepstakes
To enter this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- SPONSOR: Anaheim/Orange County Visitor & Convention Bureau, a California non-profit mutual benefit corporation with offices at 2099 S. State College Blvd., Ste. 600, Anaheim, CA 92806 (“Visit Anaheim” or “Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Visit Anaheim’s Superhero Getaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open solely to legal residents of the United States. Employees of Visit Anaheim, or other companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
- SWEEPSTAKES ENTRY START/END DATES: The Sweepstakes begins on [Wednesday, March 11, 2020] at [08:30 AM] PST and ends on [Friday, May 1, 2020] at [11:59 PM] PT (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received during the Entry Period. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, go to https://visitanaheim.org/superhero-giveaway. Fill out and submit the giveaway form by providing the following information: first name, last name, email and zipcode. Entries are limited to one entry per person. All received entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Multiple entries by means of software-generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. Detection of said automated entry will lead to such entries being voided in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If there is a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email account. Potential Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY VIA VISIT ANAHEIM’S WEBSITE, YOU ARE INDICATING YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT AN ENTRY WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Limit one (1) entry per person/per email account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any email account, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Any Potential Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
If you choose to enter using your mobile phone, standard data fees may apply. You should consult your wireless service provider's pricing plan for details. You agree to incur any and all charges demanded by their wireless carrier. You should also check your device's features for capabilities and check the device manual for specific use instructions.
Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
- DRAWING: On or about May 15, 2020 the Sponsor will select one potential winner in a random drawing from all entries received. All entries will be assigned a number and a random number generator will be used to select the winner. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential Sweepstakes winner (“Potential Winner”) will be notified one (1) business day from the completion of the Sweepstakes by Sponsor via email to his/her email account. Potential Winner will be required to reply to the received direct message with the Potential Winner’s email address within 24 hours in order to claim their prize. All Potential Winners must respond to Sponsor’s notification within 24 hours from the date of notification. If a Potential Winner fails to respond to the notification within the specified time, or if a Potential Winner is ineligible per winner verification process conducted by the Sponsor, he or she will be disqualified and forfeit any rights to his/her prize and the next runner-up entrant may be eligible for the given prize at Sponsor’s discretion. After initial contact has been made, subsequent communication may take place via email by Sponsor. Potential Winner(s) may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release substantially in the form attached to these Official Rules within one (1) calendar day of receipt. If such documents are not returned within the specified time period, a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or a Potential Winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, or in the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Potential Winner, that Potential Winner’s prize will be forfeited and the next runner-up entrant may be eligible for the given prize at Sponsor’s discretion. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: One winner will receive (2) one-day, Disneyland Park Hopper Tickets (valid for both Disneyland Resort Parks). Parking not included. Park Hopper tickets are subject to blackout dates and park entrance is subject to capacity. Park Hopper tickets expire December 30, 2020. The winner will also receive a two-night hotel stay (room and tax only); hotel stay to be redeemed and used by Dec. 30, 2020. The hotel will be in Anaheim or Garden Grove, parking not included and the hotel will be selected by Sponsor. Total prize package is worth approximately $900. Prize is not transferable, subject to substitution by the contestant or redeemable for cash. In the case of unavailability of any prize or part of a prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or part of prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Unclaimed or undeliverable prizes will not be awarded. Lost or stolen prizes will not be replaced. All unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winner(s). Limit one prize per person.
All prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. Where applicable, taxes may be withheld by Sponsor and Sponsor shall have no obligation to adjust any prizes or otherwise compensate winners for any taxes withheld. Each winner agrees to furnish Sponsor with or execute any additional document requested by Sponsor in connection with the awarding of any prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes; and (b) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph/video, image or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor, Visit Anaheim, and their respective designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from entrant or any third party and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so.
- LIABILITY: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, DISNEY, ANAHEIM CONVENTION CENTER AND EACH OF THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONS AGENCIES NAMED WITHIN, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION.
- MISCELLANEOUS: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, illegible, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the drawing for prizes, the announcement of the prize, or the incorrect uploading of any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes or the applications or websites of any Released Party, or who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non- authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the Potential Winner from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Sponsor may seek equitable relief in any court of competent jurisdiction. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Official Rules otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR APPLICATIONS OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of California. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- REQUEST FOR WINNER AND OFFICIAL RULES: For the name of the winner, available after the end of the Entry Period, send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope to: Visit Anaheim’s Superhero Getaway Sweepstakes, 2099 S. State College Blvd., Ste. 600, Anaheim, CA 92806. Requests must be received within six months of the end of the Entry Period. To obtain a copy of the Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked “OFFICIAL RULES Visit Anaheim’s Superhero Getaway Sweepstakes”.
Visit Anaheim’s Superhero Getaway Sweepstakes
Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release
I, ____________, hereby state:
- I am a legal resident of the U.S.
- I am at least 18 years of age.
- Neither I nor any of my immediate family or household members is employed by Visit Anaheim, a California non-profit mutual benefit corporation (the “Sponsor”) or by any other company associated with the promotion of the Visit Anaheim’s Superhero Getaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
- I represent that I have complied with, and will continue to comply with, the Official Rules of the Sweepstakes and that I have perpetrated no fraud or deception in entering the Sweepstakes or in claiming any prize.
- I understand that I am responsible for any taxes, costs, and expenses not specifically described as being part of the prize in the Official Rules.
- I agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Disney, and each of their shareholders, members, officers, directors, employees, agents and each of the advertising and promotion agencies named within (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to any injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from my participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize.
- I grant to the Sponsor the absolute right and permission to use my name, address, likeness, voice, or opinions in any and all advertising and promotional materials, or to refrain from doing so, in any manner or media whatsoever, worldwide, for advertising and promotional purposes without notice to me and without further compensation. I understand that I shall have no right of approval, no claim to any compensation, and no claim arising out of the use, alteration, distortion, or illusionary effect or use in any composite form of my name, address, likeness, voice, or opinions.
- I understand that if any statement I make in this Affidavit/Release is false, I will immediately return the prize or the approximate retail value of the prize to the Sponsor upon the Sponsor’s request.
- I understand and agree that this is a complete release and discharge of all claims and rights I may have against the Released Parties and that no action will be taken by or on behalf of me with respect to any such rights. I understand that this release shall be binding upon my heirs, executors, executors, successors, and assigns.