Focus of the Response & Recovery COVID-19 Task Force
- Support Mayor Harry Sidhu’s Economic and Community Recovery efforts
- Distribute real-time economic assistance program information
- Coordinate security efforts to keep workplace locations and assets safe
- Provide consistent communications on compliance with local, state, and federal mandates and guidelines
- Advocate for regulatory relief and economic assistance to mitigate job losses and assist with economic recovery; including up-front cash assistance, tax relief, and policies to manage debt-maintenance during closures to keep employees on the payroll
- Connect business leaders and employees to resources at all levels of government
- Coordinate with city on policies to protect residents from evictions, manage utility bills, and access vital food and supplies
- Maintain an inventory of all hotel, restaurant and industry-based closures with calculations on total employees affected
- Communicate and coordinate real-time job losses with County’s Workforce Investment Board (WIB)
- Operate Visit Anaheim Cares Donation Program for in-kind and financial contributions
- Coordinate partnership with Anaheim Transportation Network to transport goods to City’s Emergency Operations Center for distribution to vulnerable residents
- Coordinate donations from Hotels and Restaurants closing and/or reducing hours
- Communicate daily with City’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- Anaheim Area Restaurant Service Availability Updates
Private-Sector Donations to Visit Anaheim Cares: Please contact Jessica Barganski for all donations to Visit Anaheim Cares. 100% of all donations will go immediately to Anaheim’s Emergency Operation Center for distribution to the most vulnerable residents in Anaheim.
Anaheim Businesses Donating Vital Supplies: Working with the City of Anaheim, Emergency Operations Center (EOC), the Response & Recovery Partnership is working daily to support immediate needs in our city. Visit Anaheim Cares is a 501(c)3, established to encourage the tourism and hospitality community to assist Anaheim community members and neighborhoods.
We know this is an extraordinarily difficult time for your business and workforce. It may not be possible to give at this time. However, if you are in a position to provide donations, whether in-kind or financial, we will work with you to make sure your support gets to the most vulnerable residents quickly. At this time, the City has identified the following immediate needs for residents:
- Toilet Paper
- Hand sanitizer
- Hand wipes
- Bottled and distilled water
- Cleaning supplies
- Paper towels
- Pantry Items: pasta, rice, crackers, cereal, nut butters, dried fruits
- Packaged snacks: granola bars, trail mix, fruit snacks, pretzels
- Canned goods: vegetables, fruits, beans, meats, broth, soups
Anaheim Transportation Network/ART has volunteered to assist with transporting donations. The city has arranged for storage (including cold storage) and distribution channels. Visit Anaheim Cares and our Response and Recovery COVID-19 Task Force will report donations and responses to needs as they grow.
For questions or for additional information, please contact Jessica Barganski at [email protected].