NEW TO TOWN: STEELCRAFT, AN OPEN-AIR URBAN EATERY
Brand-new to Orange County’s culinary scene is SteelCraft Garden Grove. Located one city over from Anaheim, the open-air urban eatery features 22 converted shipping containers-turned-kitchens surrounding a vibrant communal dining garden.
The 20,000 square-foot gathering space opened in late September and now offers 10 craft food and beverage vendors plus a vintage arcade container. It’s the first SteelCraft location in Orange County, and the largest among the three outposts in Southern California.
The exciting lineup of food and beverage purveyors includes local favorites, plenty of Asian-fusion flavors and sweet finishes:
- Dark Horse Coffee Roasters:The San Diego-based coffee company’s first Orange County location offers all their signature drinks as well as local pasteries from Holmes Bakehouse.
- The Nest: A Breakfast Joint:Enjoy the most important meal of the day from sun-up to sun-down.
- Cauldron Ice Cream: A company born out of an Orange County garage, this small-batch liquid nitrogen ice creamery whips up Instagram-ready small-batch creations served in a puffle cone — a trendy take on the popular Hong Kong egg waffle street snack.
- Honey & Butter Macarons: These made fresh-daily macarons are an Orange County delicacy, with rotating flavors conceived by a Garden Grove High School alumna.
- The Chick ‘N Shack: Khao Man Gai: Thai street food shines in this SoCal kitchen. Don’t miss the signature jasmine rice with lemongrass and herb-spiced chicken with house-made sauces.
- Barrio: Modern Filipino BBQ|: Filipino barbecue entrees made from marinated meats and fresh seafood are served fresh off the grill, with a main menu offering gluten- and dairy-free options.
- Renegade Taco: The vegan/vegetarian-friendly kitchen serves up big flavors with latin and Asian style influences.
- The Penalty Box:NHL Hockey Hall of Famer and local culinary guru Teemu Selanne goes back to basics with craft burgers (pucks), hot dogs (sticks) and fries (twigs).
- Beachwood Brewing: The Long Beach brewery offers plenty of pairing options, with rich stouts to easy-drinking pale ales.
- Wilson Creek Winery:The family-owned Temecula Valley winery known for its almond Champagne is the latest tenant to join the SteelCraft lineup. (Opening soon)
Grab a bite, then grab a seat below the steel trusses that create a barn-like roof. Communal tables make it easy to break bread with your travel companions or make new friends. Enjoy artisanal food, beer, coffee and desserts with weekly entertainment offerings ranging from live music and DJs to trivia nights and market pop-ups.
Steelcraft Garden Grove, 12900 Euclid Street, Garden Grove, CA, steelcraftlb.com