CELEBRATE NATIONAL PLAN FOR VACATION DAY ON JAN. 30
Did you know: Vacations can reduce stress, increase productivity, improve sleep and even help prevent heart disease. Every year, however, there are approximately 662 million vacation days left unused by Americans.*
The innovators behind National Plan for Vacation Day, this year set for Jan. 30, want to remedy that statistic. Join millions of others across the country in celebration and kickstart 2018 with a meaningful New Year’s resolution to step away from the office. While making plans on Jan. 30, consider Anaheim as a home base for exploration of sunny Southern California — here are five tips to make the most of Orange County’s central location, year-round blue skies, and variety of attractions for all ages:
- From art fairs to food festivals, special events take place all year long across Orange County. Before booking a trip, browse through the calendar of events to see what’s going on in Anaheim and the surrounding areas, including seasonal treats at local theme parks like Disneyland® Resort, Knott’s Berry Farm® and Universal Studios Hollywood℠.
- Map out a route in advance and take advantage of Anaheim Resort Transportation. The hop-on, hop-off shuttle service runs seven days a week and has more than 20 routes connecting Anaheim Resort hotels with nearby attractions, shopping, dining and more.
- Anaheim’s central location makes it easy to explore all of Southern California without having to change hotels. By basing a stay in Anaheim, day trips to Los Angeles and San Diego are within easy reach thanks to luxury coach companies, tour shuttles and the nearby Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (ARTIC), which provides convenient public rail access to both counties.
- Keep an eye on Visit Anaheim’s deals and discounts page in the weeks leading up to any trip. New deals are added throughout the year to help visitors save and maximize their vacation budgets.
- There are guest rooms and suites for all ages and price points within the Anaheim Resort district. Whether visitors are in search of cozy quarters for a romantic retreat, a spacious suite for a family of four or a Four Diamond pied-à-terre, Anaheim and the surrounding area offer accommodations for every type of getaway.
* According to the Project: Time Off 2017 State of American Vacation report