Located just off Highway 1 (Pacific Coast Highway or PCH), Dana Point is home to a stunning cove and panoramic, seaside views. Famous explorer of the 1800s Richard Henry Dana deemed Dana Point one of the most romantic spots in California during his trip aboard the Pilgrim in 1835.
Dana Point features a beautiful manmade harbor and Mariners Village, where friendly merchants and local restaurateurs give a warm welcome to visitors. Fishing excursions and sailing voyages depart daily from the harbor, and seasonal whale watching trips are a family favorite.
Dana Point also hosts exciting annual events, including the Toshiba Tall Ships Festival, the Doheny Blues Festival and the Festival of Whales, which draws nearly 100,000 visitors each March.
Did You Know...
- You can check out a spectacular view of Dana Point Harbor from Ken Sampson Overview Park. From Pacific Coast Highway, head west on Blue Lantern until you reach the end of the road.
Where to Stay in Dana Point
- The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel
- The St. Regis Monarch Beach
- Best Westen Plus Dana Point Inn-by-the-Sea
- Doubletree Suites by Hilton Doheny Beach - Dana Point
- Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa
Dana Point Attractions, Dining and More
- Take a day trip to Catalina Island
- Golf Monarch Beach Golf Links
- Camping at Doheny State Beach
- Ocean Institute
- Whale watching and sportfishing
- What A Dish Cafe
- The Little Kitchen Asian Cafe
- Jack's Restaurant
- Dana Kai Japanese Cuisine
- Cassanova Ristorante