CHICAGO –This year, Great Wolf Lodge is taking the time-honored summer tradition of camping and turning it outside-in with an all-new family escape called Summer Camp-In. Families visiting during the summer celebration will be treated to several exclusive, limited-time offerings across the resort. And, much like the resort’s expansive indoor waterpark, the activities planned during Great Wolf Lodge’s Summer Camp-In are completely weatherproof.
“Great Wolf Lodge Summer Camp-In invites families to relive the heartwarming memories of time spent together at summer camp,” said Brooke Patterson, vice president of attractions for Great Wolf Resorts. “Only the summer camp they remember was never like the one we have planned. Ours is packed with fun for all ages, in the weatherproof world of our resorts where it’s always warm and sunny.”
From Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend, all 16 U.S.-based Great Wolf Lodge resorts will celebrate the joys of camping with an array of special activities and events designed for families to participate in together. The summer fun will be nonstop with pool parties, character appearances, games, music, feasting on flame-grilled barbecue “camp cuisine” and more. When the sun goes down the fun turns up with campfire sing-alongs, summer camp Story Time, dance parties and more. From outdoor yoga to camp bingo, moving their feet in a conga line or a kick-off-your-sandals pool party, families will blaze trails to summer fun like never before. Here are a few highlights of summer fun at Great Wolf Lodge:
- Character Breakfast:A bugle heralds the arrival of Wiley the Wolf, Oliver Raccoon, Sammy the Squirrel and other characters as guests are treated to a morning breakfast buffet with some flag-raising fun, tasty food and festivities. Every member will get involved during this rollicking breakfast with counselor-led songs, dances and napkin twirling. Wiley and friends will also circulate throughout the breakfast for photos and autographs.
- Pool Party:Nothing says summer like the water wonderland built for year-round fun at Great Wolf Resorts. Sun’s out, the party goes outside. Looking rainy, overcast or a little cool, the party comes inside. Either way, guests can jump in and have a splash-tastic time with games, DJ music and refreshments all poolside. Activities include how low can you go in the limbo, rubber duck races, corn hole toss and a conga dance to cap it all off.
- Trailblazer Challenge:Campers up for a challenge can sign up for select activities and earn a badge for every game they complete. Win bragging rights by participating in different arts and crafts projects such as friendship bracelet making and rubber ducky decorating, as well as interactive games like family trivia and corn hole challenges. When campers collect ten badges, they earn the ultimate honor – the title of Trailblazer.
- BBQ:Got a hankerin’ for a camper feast served hot off the grill? Mouthwatering BBQ anchors dinner menus at the resort’s main restaurant. After all, no summer camp should be without BBQ and all the fixins’. Step right up, campers!
- S’mores:Families should make sure to leave s’more room for that savory staple of summer camp as a special s’mores dessert bar will be featured during the Summer Camp-In celebration, served up by Great Wolf Resorts’s very own culinary experts – s’moreliers.
- Campfire Ceremony:An active day calls for winding down with family around a crackling fire. From the ceremony of lighting the fireplace the nighttime fun begins. There’s singing, face painting, s’mores, silly story-swapping, character shows and the time-honored Great Wolf Lodge tradition, Story Time. Let your hair down groovin’ the night away at a rollicking, DJ-led dance party under the stars (indoor or outdoor). Linger longer for nighttime bowling or a hole in one mini golf challenge.
The lodges themselves will be decked out for summer camp, from a “Welcome Campers!” banner at the porte-cochère to pennants hanging from lobby ceilings. The resort staff will don camp counselor gear and select guestrooms will have a camp theme with everything from pennant bunting and yellow gingham bed scarves to actual in-room tents and campfire lanterns. The camp-themed rooms are exclusively for the Summer Camp-In celebration and will provide guests with a true feeling of being in the great outdoors.
Summer Camp-In at Great Wolf Lodge also provides a true weatherproof summer getaway for families as events scheduled outdoors can easily be moved inside the indoor waterpark or the spacious Grand Lobby, ensuring the fun continues rain or shine.
“Great Wolf Resorts is reinventing summer camp. We’re a getaway that won’t be ruined by rain or inclement weather, making us the perfect location for families to come together and get their summer fun on,” said Patterson. “We’re pulling out all the stops to recapture the joy of summer camp for families. Everyone’s grandest vacation memories belong in summer and our Summer Camp-In will make memories kids will talk about with their friends when it’s time to head back to school – and long beyond that.”
For more information on Great Wolf Resorts and its brands of indoor water park resorts, visit greatwolf.com.
About Great Wolf Resorts, Inc.
Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. is North America’s largest family of indoor waterpark resorts, and through its subsidiaries and affiliates, owns and operates family resorts under the Great Wolf Lodge brand. Great Wolf Resorts is a fully integrated resort company with Great Wolf Lodge locations in: Wisconsin Dells, Wis.; Sandusky, Ohio; Traverse City, Mich.; Kansas City, Kan.; Williamsburg, Va.; Pocono Mountains, Pa.; Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada; Mason, Ohio; Grapevine, Texas; Grand Mound, Wash., Fitchburg, Mass., Charlotte, N.C.; Garden Grove, Calif., Colorado Springs, Colo., Bloomington, Minn., LaGrange, Ga., and Gurnee, Ill. Additional resorts planned include Scottsdale, Ariz. (late 2019) and Manteca, Calif. (mid 2020).
Additional information may be found on the company’s online media center.