San Clemente’s charming ambiance and Spanish-style architecture evoke images of the Mediterranean. Drive or take the train in and enjoy the leisurely pace, pristine beaches, friendly sidewalk cafés and family activities, such as an annual sand castle contest.
Visitors can enjoy 20 acres of sandy beaches, a 1,200-foot-long fishing pier, and friendly sidewalk cafes. Shop for antiques, custom jewelry, designer perfumes and unique gifts along the quaint streets in this “Spanish Village by the Sea.”
Each year, nearly one million visitors head to San Clemente's world-renowned surf breaks. Trestles is one of the most popular surf areas, where even a one-mile trail doesn’t deter surfers and spectators heading for its challenging waves.
Did You Know...
- San Clemente has four major trail networks. Walk, hike or bike up canyons and along ridgelines with spectacular coastal views bordered by protected wild lands.
- Rainbow Sandals, the leather flip-flops synonomous with OC surf style, were created in San Clemente in 1974 and are still based here. Head to the factory outlet and pick up a pair of your own!
Where to Stay in San Clemente
- Holiday Inn Express San Clemente North
- Hampton Inn and Suites
- Casa Tropicana
- San Clemente Inn
San Clemente Attractions, Dining and More
- Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens
- San Clemente Pier
- San Onofre State Beach
- Golfing at Shorecliffs Golf Club
- South of Nick's
- The Cellar
- Inka Mama's
- Head to Avenida del Mar for the best shopping and dining in San Clemente.