Visit Anaheim’s mission is to develop, market and sell Anaheim benefiting the economic vitality of our communities.
The Sales Coordinator will support all functions and advance the overall goals of the Sales Department by performing a variety of duties including partner requests, sales leads and bookings follow-up, administrative support to assigned Sales Managers & Directors and special sales projects. Coordinator will work in cooperation and professionally with member community, the Anaheim Convention Center staff, the public at large, and clients when directed by assigned manager/director.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of assigned sales directors, responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Ability to perform administrative duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, professionally and on deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly and proficiently with sales director(s) on sales accounts and assigned projects/duties.
- Support assigned sales director(s) with all correspondence to include e-mails, sales proposals, presentations, letters and reports, as well as manage partner communications on tentative group updates and group bookings with Sales Director(s).
- Check in daily with Manager/Directors to prioritize assigned tasks, review pending items, discuss training topics etc. Be proactive and anticipate Directors needs for bids, proposals and daily duties.
- Extensive computer knowledge in Microsoft Office suite of products, sales and/or client database management and internet/web researching. Required to learn and utilize sales database to log all sales activities.
- Data research on new, existing or potential accounts for sales database.
- Processing all booking documentation and check for accuracy and fulfillment. Obtaining history, signed hotel contracts and other documentation as directed by sales manager/director.
- Database maintenance to ensure accuracy of accounts, leads, bookings (address, contacts, history/futures, etc), with accompanying documentation
- Enter leads/bookings into CRM for sales director/manager as requested, and assist with lead distribution to partners, as well as receiving, filtering, and recording all responses in to database.
- Serve as primary initial sales office contact for all partner hotel inquiries, as well as field outside sales inquiries via phone and email.
- Manage content and formatting of digital and print sales templates and material (Proposals, PPT presentations, marketing pieces and site visit booklets).
- Serve as primary sales administrators in MINT, Cvent, Hoovers, StarCite and other rfp distribution channels.
- Assist sales directors in completing monthly expense reports on Concur Travel website.
- Assist with training and onboarding of new employees within the sales department.
- Occasionally represent the sales department within internal meetings, communicate with and sometimes train Sales Department personnel according to new policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in an office environment where majority of work performed will be at a desk area over a typical eight-hour shift.
Required: High school diploma or GED
Preferred: Some college (business courses)
- Minimum of 3 years sales coordinator experience
- 3-5 years sales coordinator experience
- Excellent proofreading and editing, organizational, and communication skills, typing 60+ WPM, and the ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Computer knowledge of Macintosh systems and PC systems, software knowledge of Simpleview, Excel, Microsoft Word, E-Mail, Peachtree, ADP payroll, and Windows XP.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while perform essential functions of this job. The work environment is a professional business office.
A consistent and reliable presence at work is necessary.