To develop and grow local and national partnerships while fostering and maintaining all existing
partnerships. Directs and manages all partnership programs and services and generates revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following)
- Proactively sell and upsell partnerships in and out of market.
- Research and prospect potential partners.
- With the leadership team, define and implement programs that align with VLB’s strategic goals.
- Oversee website advertising program in collaboration with Destination Travel Network.
- Continually enhance the partnership benefits package and solicit new partners within the guidelines of the bylaws.
- Conducts monthly partner webinars and measured engagement with partners.
- Coordinate and execute all partner events with assistance from team and host partner (i.e. Coffee Chats).
- Continuously collect content from partners for all aspects of partnership program.
- Train partner contacts on all partnership activities, including partner extranet usage, photo and content submission, reviewing website metrics, etc.
- Manage email marketing platform and send various emails to partners such as quarterly newsletter, invitations, one-off emails as needed.
- Assists in securing partner offers and host venues for events such as concierge trainings, partner networking & educational events, media hosting opportunities, etc.
- Leads Concierge Trainings and conducts behind-the-scenes bus tours.
- Demonstration of the app to hotel concierge and sales teams.
- Oversees all aspects of local partnerships and serves as a connecter within the community among partners.
- Ensure that all partnership benefits are provided to new partner.
- Maintains ongoing relationship with VLB partnership and ongoing evaluation of the value of partner benefits to ensure recruitment and retention of new partners.
- Develops and executes special programs and events, including the Annual Marketing Meeting, to engage the partnership base and reinforce the benefits of VLB partnership.
- Visitors Guide advertising correspondence and sales; ad/materials collection; process and mail deposit billings; process and send balance due billings; collection calls.
- Dining Guide partner correspondence and advertising sales; ad/content collection; process billings as needed.
- Ensure partner billing/contact information is given to bookkeeper for entering into QuickBooks, process billings, post and collect money received; collection calls.
- Send informational email to all staff members informing them of new partnership and offerings.
- Work closely with social media consultant and team to ensure partners are included strategically within social media efforts.
- Oversees Marketing Coordinator regarding all aspects of local partnerships.
- Provide Marketing Coordinator with partner updates for website, Visitors Center kiosk, app, and all official collateral.
- Provide content for other various publications where partners are featured.
- Maintains a well-informed working knowledge of the attractions and services available in the area for visitors.
- Establishes a monthly and annual budget for partnership.
- Provides measurement reports to partners (‘What have you done for me lately’ reports) as needed.
- Provides President & CEO with monthly progress reports for Board Meetings and generates Partner board reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements
- 4-year college degree.
- Previous experience in sponsorship or sales position (preferably in the travel industry, however not required).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills as well as oral, written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of diplomacy and professionalism in all facets of communication, strong work ethic with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail applied to accurate documentation and follow through.
- Makes sure responsibilities central to the role meet all requirements and expectations.
- Proactive rather than reactive project management required. Timeline development and management.
- Finishes task promptly and critically reviews work for accuracy and quality.
- Allocates time and attention based on what is most important to achieve key goals and objectives.
- Effectively organizes and balances tasks and priorities to keep multiple projects on track.
- Strong ability to multi task and adhere to deadlines, work with little supervision.
- Have solid understanding of Laguna Beach to speak as an expert with customers and stakeholders.
- Situational problem solver, including embracing non-traditional ideas and challenges.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines at once, juggling both independent and team projects, with confidence and flexibility.
- Active listening skills required.
- Appreciation and respect for diversity of people, viewpoints and communication styles within a small team work environment where egos are on the back burner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, as well as to exercise sound judgment and discretion in the performance of job duties, and to represent the Visit Laguna Beach in a positive, enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Ability to be tactful and courteous and display an appropriate public image when representing the Visit Laguna Beach.
- Professional appearance at all times reflecting the quality of the brand.
- Uses personal vehicle to drive to meetings and events day and evening; maintains clear driving record, valid California driver license and required vehicle coverage.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. and transport equipment and materials for use in Visit Laguna Beach programs.
- Able to travel independently to domestic destinations via commercial airlines.
- Work hours may vary and may require evenings and weekends; attends numerous community and company functions and events.
Computer & Equipment Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Social media platforms
- CRM/CMS (SimpleView)
- MeetingBurner/Citrix/GoToMeeting/Zoom or other web conferencing platforms
- Distribion email marketing platform
- Simpleview Extranet
- Google Analytics
- Destination Travel Network (DTN)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Use typical office equipment (computers, fax, phones, copiers, audiovisual, iPads)
- Growth in new partnerships, renewal rates and tier upgrades
- Accurate expense/income forecasting and adherence to the approved budget
- Creation and implementation of new programming/benefits
- Partnership engagement
- Dedication to customer/partnership service
- Accuracy of the database
- Partnership satisfaction, effective resolution of partnership issues
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and compensation
information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. The position will remain open
Visit Laguna Beach is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified
applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
national origin, gender identity, disability, handicap, veteran status or any other category protected by law.