Under the direction of the Executive Director, provides high level financial, budgetary and administrative analysis & support of operations of the Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART) system. Responsible for all facets of financial and reporting functions for the ATN. Experienced financial comptroller will undertake financial management, including all corporate accounting, regulatory & financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and development of internal controls.
Using established fundamental fiscal principles, prepares and implements ATN’s budget, assists management staff and other personnel with technical budgetary matters and administration of the financial planning and tracking. Prepares short- and long-range budgetary projections utilizing economic forecasting and financial analytical techniques.
- Maintain documented system of finance and accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourcing functions
- Effectively maintain oversight of auditing and evaluating accounts, ledger entries and financial reports for the Board of Directors.
- Forecast cash flow projections to ensure sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operations to mitigate financial risks
- Maintain banking relationships
- Prepare and manage ATN’s budget. Report on variances from the budget and assist with the formulation of the overall strategic direction of the organization
- Manage capital budget process based on constraint analysis and discount cash flow analysis
- Prepare financial reports
- Lead annual financial audits through work with the independent auditing consultant (annual audited financial statements and Single A-133 audits)
- Participate in the determination of company pricing in relation to services offered and rendered
- Compile and report company metrics
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications Guidelines -- Experience/Training/Education:
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. MBA in Finance Management preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of progressive accounting and finance experience, including financial
modeling and analysis
- Experience with budgeting and reporting, broad, advanced knowledge of general accepted
accounting principles (GAAP), practices, and procedures
- Strong office and administrative and organizational skills
- Advanced/Expert Excel skills
- CPA Certificate or Master’s Degree
- Strong organization, communication, and people skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Knowledge of grant administration processes and transportation finance
General: Ability to prioritize, organize, solve problems, and complete tasks independently; ability to follow verbal and written instructions and to accept constructive criticism. Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines. Ability to lead, supervise, and train others.
Technical: Expert knowledge in working with QuickBooks is required. Requires knowledge of finance and accounting principles and procedures. Requires knowledge of office practices and record keeping and reporting systems and file maintenance, as well as English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation. Skills required include ability to provide outstanding customer service and ability to use standard office equipment including telephones, calculators, copiers, and facsimile equipment; ability to type, using a computer or typewriter keyboard.
Computer: Expert knowledge of Excel skills required. High proficiency in use Microsoft Office computer s programs required.
Reasoning: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Special Requirements/Certification: -- Valid California Driver License. Pre-employment drug screening and background check is required. ATN is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer.