Newport Beach is filled with miles of sandy beaches, the largest small craft yacht harbor in the United States, championship golf courses and a variety of aquatic recreational activities, including kayaking in the Newport Back Bay and relaxing on a chartered harbor cruise.
Balboa Penninsula, a small community nestled inside Newport Harbor, features coastal cottages, quaint shops and ice cream stands. Pennisula Park ishome to Balboa Pier and Balboa Pavillion, a historical landmark with a restaurant and ballroom and ferry service to Catalina Island.
This sophisticated beach city also offers upscale shopping at Fashion Island, as well as a diverse menu of more than 300 award-winning restaurants.
Did You Know...
- Zoned for Fun: The Balboa Fun Zone on Newport Harbor has been a place to get your kicks since 1936. Take a ride on the Ferris wheel overlooking the water for a bird’s-eye view of this picture-perfect location.
- The Wedge, located at the end of Balboa Penninsula, is known as one of the toughest bodysurfing spots in the United States. In fact, it was said to have ruined the football career of a young John Wayne in the 1920s when he sustained a shoulder injury while bodysurfing.
Where to Stay in Newport Beach
- Radisson Hotel Newport Beach
- Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort and Marina
- The Island Hotel Newport Beach
- Hyatt Regency Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa
- Holiday Inn Express Newport Beach
Newport Beach Attractions, Restaurants and More
- Whale and dolphin cruises
- Newport Landing sunset cruises
- Golfing at Monarch Beach Golf Links
- Golfing at Pelican Hill
- Balboa Fun Zone
- Beach Tour with Anaheim Tour Company
- Hiking at Back Bay
- Kayaking in Upper Back Bay and Newport Harbor