Anaheim & Orange County Volunteer Fair
October 01, 2015
2nd Annual Anaheim and Orange County Volunteer Fair
When: October 1, 2015
Time: 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
2626 E. Katella Ave.
The City of Anaheim, Visit Anaheim, S.O.A.R., OneOC, the Disneyland Resort and the Anaheim Union High School District are bringing together Orange County non-profits to showcase volunteer opportunities throughout Orange County. The Anaheim Resort visitor community along with a variety of Anaheim Convention Center conventions gave nearly $8 million in donations and goods services to local non-profits in 2013. They are continuing this effort by hosting the Anaheim and Orange County Volunteer Fair.
Connect with 30+ non-profit organizations and discover the volunteer opportunity that can helps make a difference in the world.
There will be refreshments, music, and hands-on community projects onsite.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Anaheim & Orange County Volunteer Fair is endorsed by:
Admission is free!
Entertainment, beverages and hands-on projects onsite
- S.A.R.A.H - S.A.R.A.H is the Spiritual and Religious Alliance for Hope. Compassionate California/Compassion Games - Compassionate California supports the growing Compassion Movement by providing a range of resources for the development and support of California Compassionate City campaigns and the Compassion Games.
- Anaheim Fire & Rescue - The Anaheim Fire & Rescue is the agency that provides fire protection and emergency medical services for the city of Anaheim.
- Women Helping Women - Women Helping Women is a non-profit organization that provides the unemployed and underemployed the skills and resources they need to get and keep good jobs.
- Illumination Foundation - The Illumination Foundation seeks to provide targeted, interdisciplinary services for the most vulnerable homeless clients in order to break or prevent the cycle of homelessness.
- 2nd Harvest Food Bank - 2nd Harvest Food Bank reaches out to the community for donations, grants, fundraising, food drives, food rescue, harvesting and volunteers to help provide food, education and advocacy for the hungry. In partnership with more than 340 member charities, 2nd Harvest helps feed more than 200,000 individuals at more than 470 locations each month.
- Western Youth Services - Western Youth Services offers a complete range of services to meet mental health and wellness needs of youth and families.
- Youth Leadership America - Youth Leadership America is a nonprofit leadership organization dedicated to developing student leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Project Access - Project Access works with housing developers/owners to bring free services to residents within housing communities.
- MLC From the Heart, Inc. - MLC From The Heart is a nonprofit organization providing consulting and mentoring programs to adults and their families. MLC focus particularly on filling the skills gap for individuals lacking employment or personal/professional stability.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Orange County - An organization helping children realize their potential and building their future through donor and volunteer supported mentoring programs.
- Orange County Ronald McDonald House
- The Orange County Ronald McDonald House and Family Rooms provide a comforting “home away from home” for families of seriously ill children receiving treatment in local Orange County hospitals.
- Anaheim Unified High School District- CANstruction - Sponsored by the theater department at Loara High School, students kick off a month long canned food drive to support local food banks in Orange County.
- Science@OC - Science OC works with schools and school districts in Orange County to improve science education, prepare students for STEM careers, and engage local, state, and national organization and networks to support science education.
- Anaheim Police Department Volunteers - The Anaheim Police Department Volunteers provide volunteer support staff to aid police personnel in the delivery of services to the citizens of Anaheim.
- Anaheim Cops 4 Kids - The Anaheim Police Activities League and Cops 4 Kids aims to establish positive relationships among youth, police and the community at large. Programs offer an opportunity for police and community volunteers to invest their time, expertise and energy in young people who will appreciate and benefit from their caring.
- Council on Aging- Orange County - The Council on Aging-Orange County promotes the independence, health and dignity of older adults through compassion, education and advocacy.
- Disney VoluntEARS - The Disney VoluntEARS work on meaningful projects across the globe, with a primary focus on communities where Disney business units operate. The Disney VoluntEARS will be providing and packaging military care packages which will be donated to Operation Interdependence.
- Habitat for Humanity - Habitat for Humanity advocates for fair housing policies, seeking to put love and fair into action while bringing people together to build homes, community and hope.
- Science OC - Science OC seeks to inspire middle school students to excel in Science and explore STEM careers.
- Team Kids - Team Kids is a non-profit that nurtures and relies upon the passions and leadership of our youth.
- Tackett Service Dogs - Tackett Service Dogs specializes in obedience, behavior problem solving, housebreaking and puppy training. Tackett also trains service dogs with emphasis on autism and PTSD for veterans.
- Pacific Islander Health Partnership - Pacific Islander Health Partnership has served indigenous Native Hawaiians Pacific Islanders (NHPI) to outreach, educate island communities, train leaders, engage island communities in community based participatory research, provide scholarships, advocate and build community capacity for health.
- Trauma Intervention Program - TIP of Orange County is a chapter of the Trauma Intervention Programs Inc., a national non-profit organization composed of citizen volunteers who respond to traumatic incidents at the request of Police, Fire and Hospital personnel to support those who are emotionally traumatized.
- City of Anaheim Community Services Department-Volunteer/VolunTeen Programs - The Community Services Department seeks to enrich individuals, families, and the community through the provision of services, facilities, and programs which improve the quality of life in Anaheim.
2626 E. Katella Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92803
3:30 pm - 6:30 pm