If you are looking to experience or things to do in the quintessential California vacation destination, look no further than Anaheim, California. Located in sunny Orange County, in the heart of Southern California, Anaheim is a world-class vacation destination.
From the moment you step off the plane and first drive onto our palm tree-lined streets, your vacation begins. Start with our theme parks and then discover more; whether you are a die-hard sports fan, live music aficionado, adrenaline junkie, artisan shopper, food lover or brew connoisseur, there's so much to explore in Anaheim.
What's more, extend your vacation and explore other parts of Southern California, due to Anaheim's prime and convenient location, Anaheim serves as your home base to all of Southern California's attractions. Discover new adventures, quaint and charming cities that dot the region, pristine beaches, or head out to a world-famous theme park, your Southern California vacation starts here in Anaheim!
- Thrilling Theme Parks: Anaheim and Orange County are home to internationally acclaimed theme parks and attractions. From breaking ground on the highly anticipated Star Wars®-themed land to bringing back its Main Street Electrical Parade, The Disneyland® Resort has plenty of new adventures in store for guests this year. Additionally, Disneyland Park is reopening the Disneyland Railroads and Rivers of America, which means popular attractions “Fantasmic!” and the Mark Twain Riverboat will be back in action! Meanwhile at Disney® California Adventure Park, the Summer of Heroes is in full swing with the grand opening of its newest ride, Guardians of the Galaxy—Mission: BREAKOUT!, a breathtaking free-fall sensation combined with all-new visual and audio effects. Knott’s Berry Farm® welcomes the new thrill ride Sol Spin to the park, while new characters and new interactive fun have been added to the park’s Ghost Town Alive! experience. Not to mention, Knott’s Soak City has been updated with a new seven-story slide complex called Shore Break! Discover Nearby Theme Parks
- Explore Center City Anaheim: This district in downtown Anaheim has undergone a massive revitalization, showcasing a new vibe inspired by the city's historical roots. The Anaheim Packing District is a walkable enclave, housing the Anaheim Packing House (Pictured Right); a two-story foodie paradise, featuring a diverse selection of epicurean purveyors. A short walk away you'll land in the historical Center St. Promenade, a local gem known for artisan shops, chef-driven eateries and innovative vendors. Across the street from the Packing House is the newly renovated MAKE building, which houses the comic-themed Unsung Brewing Co. and is set to open Pali Wine Co. and Jav’s Barbeque in 2017.
- Hop Over to an Anaheim Brewery: Anaheim has rolled out the red carpet for craft breweries to open up shop, bringing in a bevy of hops to tantalize even the most discerning beer lover's palate. Hop on a tour or create your own, the choice is yours!
- Rock Out: From intimate venues to a stadium attracting big names and everything in between, Anaheim, California features a diverse roster of musical venues for everyone's tastes. In particular, the new House of Blues at Anaheim GardenWalk is the go-to place to enjoy world-class live music while immersed in a Southern-inspired atmosphere. Notably, the famed venue now has four individual performance areas, including the exclusive Foundation Room for the ultimate VIP experience. No matter what your musical preferences are - from mainstream to never-before-heard acts; you will be amazed at all the live music options in Anaheim. Find a Show
- Get Extreme: Anaheim is the epicenter of fun in Southern California. Although the destination may be known for its theme park, there is a wide variety of adventure to experience indoors and outdoors during your stay, from learning to trapeze and going on a flight simulator expedition, to bowling, miniature golfing and more! With so many things to do, you will need to extend your vacation another week!
- Shopping: Orange County is home to nearly 1,000 retailers, from haute couture to vintage treasures. South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa and Fashion Island in Newport Beach are the luxury shopping anchors of the Orange County shopping scene. These popular shopping locations have international appeal due to their high-end boutiques, prestigious department stores, award-winning dining options and events that take place throughout the year. For savvy shoppers, the Outlets of Orange (Pictured Right), is Orange County's only outlet center, providing deals at Bloomingdales, Ralph Lauren, Nordstrom Rack, NIKE Factory Store, Banana Republic Factory Store, Neiman Marcus Last Call and more!
- Catch a Game: Anaheim is home to two professional sports teams: MLB's Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim and NHL's Anaheim Ducks®. Both the Angels and the Ducks have brought championships to Orange County. Two transportation options to consider are by rail and bus. Trains arrive near Angel Stadium and the Honda Center at ARTIC and Angel's fans are encouraged to enjoy a discounted ride on the Angels Express. No car? No worry. Anaheim Resort Transportation (ART) – connects you to every major landmark in Anaheim and beyond. Find an ART Bus
- Dine Around the World in 10 Bites: Anaheim's international epicurean scene rivals any major city in America. With a wide-variety of global fare at every turn, you can sample authentic cuisine from Germany, Ethiopia, Middle East, Italy, Mexico, Vietnam, India, Turkey/Mediterranean, Thailand, Peru and many more! There's no other city in Orange County that boasts this wide variety of international cuisine, sure to please even the most discerning foodie's palate. And unlike our culinary cousin Los Angeles, these restaurants are close in proximity.
- Embark on a Day Trip: With or without a car, you can zip on the highways or explore the road less traveled and discover the many sights that make up this diverse area. Within just an hour or two from Orange County you can visit the mountains or the desert, taste your way through SoCal wine country, catch a glimpse of the legendary Hollywood sign and experience the Entertainment Capital of L.A., take a short ferry over to Catalina Island (Pictured Right), Universal Studios Hollywood or visit Shamu® during a day trip to SeaWorld® San Diego.
- Go to the Beach: Orange County's 42 miles of beautiful coastline and six beach cities are the quintessential Southern California retreat. They reflect an active California lifestyle, filled with an abundance of coastal recreation. Surfing hotspots, vintage neighborhoods, boutiques, art galleries, sport fishing, whale watching and scenic views of nature are just some of the things you'll find at Orange County beaches. Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Seal Beach, Laguna Beach (Pictured Right), Dana Point and San Clemente each have their own distinct brand of beach town lifestyle.
- Subscribe to OC Up Close and receive weekly updates delivered right to your inbox!