Previously located at Downtown Disney, the House of Blues, has been a hot spot in the center of Anaheim for entertainment. At its new location, at the Garden Walk on Disney Way, the House of Blues is now home at a magical 44 thousand square feet musical majesty of multi rooms with art and history everywhere.
We were able to tour this beautiful entertainment venue in it's ground breaking and construction. WOW! You can catch the recap video on YouTube here. We take a walk through everything that the new HOB will bring to the entertainment center of Anaheim. It was one of the most emotional events I have been invited to. Music touches us all in one way, shape and form. Art and music combined show passion from the hand, voice, ears, heart and eyes of the person behind the wonder we all enjoy and hold close.
Music means so much to me. Growing up my mom used to sing all around the house and it was so interesting to hear her say that music is changing with the times. She was right, music, art, entertainment... it all moves forward but one thing never changes. You know the feeling you get with that emotional connection to the artist, yes that, it doesn't matter the band, year or style, it's moving to your soul!
Fast forward to my college years. I was able to attend a few performances at the House of Blues on Sunset... it is amazing and memories I'll never forget. In fact I tell my kids about it. Today, living so close to Anaheim, visiting this beautiful city often, I am so grateful that I will now be able to continue to take my own kids to experience the emotion of music right here in our backyard at the House of Blues! My daughter attended her first concert at the HOB Anaheim at Downtown Disney. To have the opportunity to make memories with my kids doing something we enjoy is priceless. Let's rock on! I cannot wait to take her back for another brilliantly sounding show. I hear it will be top notch.
Let me fill you in on some of the artistic and musical upgrades that the new House of Blues location will offer.
Updates and The 411
• Mutil rooms for concerts, weddings, parties, small private events and more.
• Main concert hall will hold up to 2,200. With views from above and below there are only good seats in this House! Secure a suite/private box of seats for your favorite band. How cool is this!
• The Parish Room will hold up to 400 guests in a more intimate setting. Plenty of space and doors to rooms. Can't wait to see the final look.
• Foundation Room and VIP club for private parties, extra passes with perks per event. With private catwalk to the VIP room and stage view, you know it's a VIP experience.
• Dining with Signature Restaurant & Bar that will offer Southern inspired dishes. Some menu items I tasted and absolutely loved.. Voodoo Shrimp, HOT Fried Chicken Salad, BBQ smoked on site and New Orleans Jambalaya. Delish. Specialty cocktails are amazing as well for those who like master mixologist mixes!
• Art. The Display of local artists will be throughout the HOB. The architecture itself is wondrous. You have to check out the ceiling in the main Bar. Loved it. From the back drops to wall art and the historical pieces of musicians there is so much to see aside from what your there for. Take it all in.
In just a week the Grand Opening will take place on February 28th with iconic band Social Distortion taking stage to an already SOLD OUT crowd! Following up to the rock of Social D... an outstanding line up that already makes me want to attend throughout the year! Oh did I mention that New Kids On The Block is kicking off the 25th Anniversary House of Blues celebration? Yes! The right stuff... But wait!!! Check back with us on February 28th as I go LIVE from the House of Blues in Anaheim at the Grand Opening and you may or may not, but totally will, see me relive my youth with SD1!
Follow live stream at FB Live, IG, Twitter and watch out for a recap of this musical event on you tube and my blog after we rock out!
Keep up with the latest post of mine and HOB with #HOBAnaheim #houseofblues #visitanaheim
Hope to see you live on February 28th from the House of Blues in Anaheim and don't mind my voice, I'll try to contain my singing excitement, or will I?
Happy Feel the Music Day!
Hero Image: OC Register