If you are looking to experience the quintessential California vacation destination, look no further than Anaheim, California. Located in sunny Orange County, in the heart of Southern California, Anaheim is a world-class vacation destination.
From the moment you step off the plane and first drive onto our palm tree-lined streets, your vacation begins. Start with our theme parks and then discover more; whether you are a die-hard sports fan, live music aficionado, adrenaline junkie, artisan shopper, food lover or brew connoisseur, there's so much to explore in Anaheim.
What's more, extend your vacation and explore other parts of Southern California, due to Anaheim's prime and convenient location, Anaheim serves as your home base to all of Southern California attractions. Discover world-famous attractions, quaint and charming cities that dot the region, pristine beaches, or head out to a theme park, your Southern California vacation starts here in Anaheim!
- Thrilling Theme Parks: Anaheim and Orange County are home to internationally acclaimed theme parks and attractions. Notably, The Disneyland® Resort, began three new nighttime attractions in celebration of 60 years open for their Diamond Celebration (Pictured Above). Disneyland has also begun construction on the highly anticipated Star Wars Land in April of 2016 with an opening date that has yet to be announced. Celebrate the 75th anniversary of the famous Ghost Town and the reopening of the longest, tallest wooden roller coaster, Ghostrider, at Knott's Berry Farm®, America's first theme park.
- Explore Downtown Anaheim: Downtown Anaheim has undergone a revitalization, showcasing a new vibe, inspired by the city's historical roots. The Anaheim Packing District (Pictured Right) is a walkable enclave, housing the Anaheim Packing House; a two-story food-lover's paradise, featuring a diverse selection of epicurean purveyors. Just a short walk away is the historical Center St. Promenade, this local gem is known for artisan shops, chef-driven eateries and innovative vendors.
- Hop Over to an Anaheim Brewery: Anaheim has rolled out the red carpet for craft breweries to open up shop, bringing in a bevy of hops to tantalize even the most discerning beer lover's palate. Hop on a tour or create your own, the choice is yours!
- Rock Out: From intimate venues to a stadium attracting big names and everything in between, Anaheim, California features a diverse roster of musical venues, for everyone's tastes. No matter what your musical preferences are - from mainstream to never-before-heard acts; you will be amazed at all the live music options in Anaheim.
- Get Extreme: Anaheim is the epicenter of fun in Southern California. Although the destination may be known for its theme park, there is a wide variety of adventure to experience indoors and outdoors during your stay, from learning to trapeze and going on a flight simulator expedition, to bowling, miniature golfing and more! With so many things to do, you will need to extend your vacation another week!
- Shopping: Orange County is home to nearly 1,000 retailers, from haute couture to vintage treasures. South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa and Fashion Island in Newport Beach are the luxury shopping anchors of the Orange County shopping scene. These popular shopping locations have international appeal due to their high-end boutiques, prestigious department stores, award-winning dining options and events that take place throughout the year. For savvy shoppers, the Outlets at Orange (Pictured Above), is Orange County's only outlet center, providing deals at Nordstrom Rack, NIKE Factory Store, Banana Republic Factory Store, Neiman Marcus last call and more!
- Catch a Game: Anaheim is home to three professional sports teams: MLB's
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, NHL's Anaheim Ducks® and AFL's LA KISS. Both the Angels and the Ducks have brought championships to Orange County, and the LA KISS completed their inaugural season in July 2014.
- Dine Around the World in 10 Bites: Anaheim's international epicurean scene rivals any major city in America. With a wide-variety of global fare at every turn, you can sample authentic cuisine from Germany, Ethiopia, Middle East, Italy, Mexico, Vietnam, India, Turkey/Mediterranean, Thailand, Peru ' and many more! There's no other city in Orange County that boasts this wide variety of international cuisine, sure to please even the most discerning foodie's palate. And unlike our culinary cousin Los Angeles, these restaurants are close in proximity.
- Embark on a Day Trip: With or without a car, you can zip on the highways or explore the road less traveled and discover the many sights that make up this diverse area. Within just an hour or two from Orange County you can visit the mountains or the desert, taste your way through SoCal wine country, catch a glimpse of the legendary Hollywood sign and experience the Entertainment Capital of L.A., take a short ferry over to Catalina Island (Pictured Above), Universal Studios Hollywood or visit Shamu® during a day trip to SeaWorld"® San Diego.
- Go to the Beach: Orange County's 42 miles of beautiful coastline and six beach cities are the quintessential Southern California retreat. They reflect an active California lifestyle, filled with an abundance of coastal recreation. Surfing hotspots, vintage neighborhoods, boutiques, art galleries, sport fishing, whale watching and scenic views of nature are just some of the things you'll find at Orange County beaches. Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Seal Beach, Laguna Beach (Pictured Above), Dana Point and San Clemente each have their own distinct brand of beach town lifestyle.
Photos Provided By:
Photo 1 - Thrilling Theme Parks: Provided By Disneyland"® Resort
Photo 2 - Explore Downtown Anaheim: Provided By Visit Anaheim
Photo 3 - Hop Over to Anaheim Brewery: Provided By Visit Anaheim
Photo 4 - Rock Out: Provided By Justin Higuchi on Flikr
Photo 5 - Get Extreme: Provided By Bowlmor Lanes
Photo 6 - Shopping: Provided By Visit Anaheim
Photo 7 - Catch a Game: Provided By Visit Anaheim
Photo 8 - Dine Around the World in 10 Bites: Provided By Visit Anaheim
Photo 9 - Embark on a Day Trip: Provided By Rolandojones on Flikr
Photo 10 - Go to the Beach: Provided By Visit Anaheim
Related Blog Posts:
- What's New: Center Street Promenade, Anaheim (Part 2)
- What's New: Center Street Promenade, Anaheim
- Anaheim's Hoppin': Your Guide to Breweries in Anaheim
- What's New at Angel Stadium
- Guide to Anaheim Breweries
- Subscribe to OC Up Close and receive weekly updates delivered right to your inbox!