If you are looking to experience the quintessential California vacation destination, look no further than Anaheim, California. Located in sunny Orange County, in the heart of Southern California, Anaheim is a world-class vacation destination.
From the moment you step off the plane and first drive onto our palm tree-lined streets, your vacation begins. Start with our theme parks and then discover more; whether you are a die-hard sports fan, live music aficionado, adrenaline junkie, artisan shopper, food lover or brew connoisseur, there’s so much to explore in Anaheim.
What’s more, extend your vacation and explore other parts of Southern California, due to Anaheim’s prime and convenient location, Anaheim serves as your home base to all of Southern California attractions. Discover world-famous attractions quaint and charming cities that dot the region, pristine beaches, or head out to a theme park, your Southern California vacation starts here in Anaheim!
- Thrilling Theme Parks: Anaheim and Orange County are home to internationally acclaimed theme parks and attractions. Notably, The Disneyland® Resort, is rolling out three new nighttime attractions in celebration of 60 years open for their Diamond Celebration. Knott’s Berry Farm, America’s first theme park, is debuting a new ride, Voyage from the Iron Reef.
- Explore Downtown Anaheim: Downtown Anaheim has undergone a revitalization, showcasing a new vibe, inspired by the city’s historical roots. The Anaheim Packing District is a walkable enclave, housing the Anaheim Packing House; a two-story food-lover’s paradise, featuring a diverse selection of epicurean purveyors. Just a short walk away is the historical Center St. Promenade, this local gem is known for artisan shops, chef-driven eateries and innovative vendors.
- Hop Over to an Anaheim Brewery: Anaheim has rolled out the red carpet for craft breweries to open up shop, bringing in a bevy of hops to tantalize even the most discerning beer lover’s palate. By the end of the year, there will be 12 breweries in Anaheim. Hop on a tour or create your own, the choice is yours!
- Catch a Game: Anaheim is home to three professional sports teams: MLB’s Angels, NHL’s Anaheim Ducks and AFL’s LA KISS. Both the Angels and the Ducks have brought championships to Orange County, and the LA KISS completed their inaugural season in July 2014.
- Rock Out: From intimate venues to a stadium attracting big names and everything in between, Anaheim, California features a diverse roster of musical venues, for everyone’s tastes. No matter what your musical preferences are - from main-stream to never-before-heard acts; you will be amazed at all the live music options in Anaheim.
- Go to the Beach: Orange County's 42 miles of beautiful coastline and six beach cities are the quintessential Southern California retreat. They reflect an active California lifestyle, filled with an abundance of coastal recreation. Surfing hotspots, vintage neighborhoods, boutiques, art galleries, sport fishing, whale watching and scenic views of nature are just some of the things you’ll find at Orange County beaches. Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Seal Beach, Laguna Beach, Dana Point and San Clemente each have their own distinct brand of beach town lifestyle.
- Get Extreme: Anaheim is the epicenter of fun in Southern California. Although the destination may be known for its theme park, there is a wide-variety of adventure to experience indoors and outdoors during your stay, from learning to trapeze and going on a flight simulator expedition, to bowling, miniature golfing and more! With so many things to do, you will need to extend your vacation another week!
- Dine Around the World in 10 Bites: Anaheim’s international epicurean scene rivals any major city in America. With a wide-variety of global fare at every turn, you can sample authentic cuisine from Germany, Ethiopia, Middle East, Italy, Mexico, Vietnam, India, Turkey/Mediterranean, Thailand, Peru – and many more! There’s no other city in Orange County that boasts this wide-variety of international cuisine, sure to please even the most discerning foodie’s palate. And unlike our culinary cousin Los Angeles, these restaurants are close in proximity.
- Embark on a Day Trip: With or without a car, you can zip on the highways or explore the roads less traveled and discover the many sights that make up this diverse area. Within just an hour or two from Orange County you can visit the mountains or the desert, taste your way through SoCal wine country, catch a glimpse of the legendary Hollywood sign and experience the Entertainment Capital of L.A., take a short ferry over to Catalina Island, Universal Studios Hollywood™ or visit Shamu® during a day trip to SeaWorld® San Diego.
- Shopping: Orange County is home to nearly 1,000 retailers, from haute couture to vintage treasures. South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa and Fashion Island in Newport Beach are the luxury shopping anchors of the Orange County shopping scene. These popular shopping locations have international appeal due to their high-end boutiques, prestigious department stores, award-winning dining options and events that take place throughout the year. For savvy shoppers, the Outlets at Orange is Orange County’s only outlet center, providing deals at Nordstrom Rack, NIKE Factory Store, Banana Republic Factory Store, Neiman Marcus last call and more!
- No car? No problem! You may not realize, but you can visit Anaheim, Orange County without a car and get around in a breeze. First, there are several public shuttles to transport you from major airports to Anaheim. Next, Anaheim has the convenient Anaheim Regional Transit (ART), which boasts 18 different routes to take you around Anaheim’s popular attractions such as Disneyland, Angels Stadium, ARTIC, South Coast Plaza and more!
- Utilize ARTIC: A landmark for multimodal transportation supported by retail, restaurants and passenger services, ARTIC (Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center) is a glowing architectural achievement under the Southern California sun. This transportation hub services buses, Metrolink, Amtrak, ART and public/private transit all under one roof. For example, if you are coming from Los Angeles, you can take Metrolink train from L.A. Union Station to ARTIC and arrive in Anaheim in 45 minutes!
- Take a Tour: Several tour operators in the area will take the entire family on various adventures! From horseback riding to the famous Hollywood sign to ziplining on Catalina Island, Anaheim tour operators have you set!
- Get to Know Neighboring Cities: Your first instinct as a visitor might be to head to the beach when thinking of leaving Anaheim for the day, however there are three lovely cities near by that locals love. Old Towne Orange boasts antique, foodie fare and the classic 100-year-old Watson Drug & Soda Fountain. There are too many hip and vibrant places to visit in downtown Santa Ana to count; galleries, innovative restaurants, and more, this gem is worth a visit! Downtown Fullerton is a warm and friendly community, offering visitors delicious restaurants, charming coffee houses and lively nightlife.
- Visit During Off-Peak Times: Avoid the summer crowds and visit Anaheim in the spring or fall, January – March or October – December are best. The weather is great and there are virtually no crowds in the city or at the beach.